27 January 2009

Things I Know are True


Post-Graduate life has surprised me. I am busier than I thought I would be. I didn't even have time to call my best friend the week she moved across this country. I hardly ever see my boyfriend, once a week usually, twice if we are really strategic (ie I drive out to see him for 10 minutes at his new Whole Foods). I spend most of my days at the post office, mailing books that inevitably get lost by the postal service (GRRR!!). Otherwise, I am at work or in my bed, eyes closed, brain still whirring.

But...
I am also doing some really exciting things too. I joined a poetry workshop with some good friends, Sally and Connor. I am excited to write poetry consistently and to make new Denver friends, especially poetic ones! I am going to hang out with Caitlin and Matt at least once a week to watch Lost and catch up. They are so dear to me and I am moving across the country with them. I cannot wait til we live together, dogs and parties and family dinners!!! I am the new Green Mission Store Rep at work which means I am in charge of encouraging and teaching all Team Members and customers how to live "green." I am incredibly stoked!! I have so many ideas I want to put in place before I leave in August. I am hopefully going to Hawaii for a month in March, to see whales and the sun and read, read, read on the beach. Maybe I can wait tables in my spare time or become a surf bum, who knows!!??

I am also reading a fantastic book: Eat, Pray, Love. The author, Liz Gilbert, goes on a life journey after an awful divorce, to clear her mind and rediscover herself. She travels to Italy, India, and the Indonesia for four months each. Her journey is remarkable and her self-acutalization process is beautiful, and totally contagious. I highly suggest this book to all women who itch to travel, although you must take caution, because you might abandon your life and fly to some random country because of it. :)
There are some things I have rediscovered about myself by reading her book, there are much more than what I have listed.

Things I Know are True:

  • I want to travel, I want to live in another country, I want to live in many other countries.
  • I am afraid the above means leaving behind many relationships, including any romantic ones.
  • I don't want to get married, not for now at least. I think I am actually a lot hesitant and a little scared of it because of my past and because of my selfishness to live only the life I want.
  • I tried yoga for the first time the other day, it was fantastic, cleansed by my own sweat!
  • I don't think I will ever be religious again.
  • I live vicariously through books and revel in the characters' accomplishments, sometimes I wonder if I will ever accomplish all my huge, beautiful dreams.
  • I am satisfied with my current life.
  • I am finding comfort in my own skin.
  • I have a new car, and with it lots of new bills, but I think I'm going to make it. I am learning how to budget and I am proud of that.
  • I love being a "grown up" more than the average individual.
  • I miss my sweet cousins! That summer we lived together revolutionized my life, thank you, thank you.
  • I love cooking.
  • I can't wait to have grown kids who come home for the holidays.
  • Most days I am stunned at how perfectly my life is turning out...

No comments: