04 January 2010

The Loveliest Thing from 2009

Our first day!

This little puppy came into my life on September 12, 2009. I went to Lifeline Puppy Rescue and waited forever in line til the opened, and in a mad rush with 45 other people, we ran to the puppy cages and chose or future pups. I chose Reuben because he was sitting in the back of the cage, sleeping in the corner, by himself, not being all crazy. He was the mellow one and the one I instantly wanted. After 2 hours of paper work and training, I got to take puppy home. Then I learned...puppies are suuuuuper difficult! I was up at 4am everyday for 2-3 weeks, letting him pee, running him around, trying to get him to go back to sleep..etc. Stressful!
What I didn't realize about puppies was how hard of an adjustment they were, and with no one to help me raise and train him, I became super overwhelmed with all the work he took. Good hing I hung in there, because now he totally OWNS my heart!

Puppy on a pillow...
Puppy looking sooo cute!
Growing up and learning to sit.
5+ months and sooo big, but he looks so regal doesn't he? And he's getting lots of beautiful amber hair, but still has the cutest, tiniest, softest ears ever!

Lovies forever!

And if you haven't met him yet, I'm pretty sure its worth flying across the country! And you can hang out with me while you're here.

4 comments:

Danica said...

i love him and i dont even know him!!
<3
maybe someday i'll have one just like him and they'll be best friends. or lovers. and i meant that in a nonsexual way. or a sexual way. ??

Cori said...

Pups are so much work, it's always a punch in the face. I wish I had the right place for one. Someday I'll have a Great Dane and a Bernese. Yesss pillows.

Reuben really is lovely.

Claire V said...

Super adorable! He does have the tiniest little ears. As he grows humongous, his ears stay the same tiny size...I love it!

And I totally dig your new backdrop! :)

Can't wait to meet this snuggly pup!!

raqui said...

i totally loved seeing these pics and hearing things are getting better. i love the new page and you look wonderful! one day i'll get to meet him b/c you are worth flying across the country to see too!
love you